De nya oken kostade 55 + 52€ (R8170) mot normalt runt 80€ styck, inkl bromsbelägg. Reparationskit för två ok kostar enligt första inlägget men det verkar vara en kinesisk produkt med lite oklart ursprung och kolvarna är inte keramiska som originalen är (kanske en fördel?). De oljedränkta originalbromsbeläggen måste rimligen kasseras och nya kostar 25€ per ok, nu nedsatt till halva priset.
Frågade vår kompis ChatGPT, som tvekade först:
If the
BR-R8070 is leaking from around the piston, I would
not buy a generic piston/seal kit.
Shimano's official BR-R8070 replacement-parts documentation does
not list piston seals or pistons as service parts; the listed service parts include things such as the bleed nipple/O-ring and pad hardware. S
Shimano SI
So you have two realistic options:
- Replace the complete BR-R8070 caliper — this is the Shimano-compatible route.
- Third-party piston/seal kit — kits exist, but compatibility and seal quality are less certain. I wouldn't use one on a road bike unless you're comfortable rebuilding hydraulic calipers and testing the brake thoroughly afterward.
Men den letade vidare och hittade även en sats med aluminiumkolvar:
Yes. I found a
third-party kit specifically listing BR-R8070 compatibility.
Option I found
EXNAVI OD21.9 × H8.8 mm piston/seal kit
- Specifically lists Shimano BR-R8070, as well as R7070, R9170, RS785 and RS805. UUbuy Sweden
- Piston diameter: 21.9 mm
- Piston height: 8.8 mm
- The kit contains 2 pistons + 2 piston seals; some versions also include additional O-rings. MMade-in-China+1
- The pistons are phenolic/resin, rather than Shimano's original ceramic pistons. UUbuy Sweden
EXNAVI OD21.9×H8.8 Shimano piston/seal kit552,94 kr · GoSupps.com
There are also unbranded kits using
aluminium pistons, advertised as 21.9 × 9 mm for the R8070.
Fruugo I would favor the
21.9 × 8.8 mm phenolic kit over those, because the dimensions are explicitly specified and it is directly advertised for the R8070.
One important caveat
Shimano's own parts documentation doesn't list the piston/seal assembly as a service part for the BR-R8070, so these are
aftermarket parts with no Shimano guarantee of compatibility or durability.
Because yours is
actually leaking, I'd replace
both piston seals in that caliper, not just the leaking side. And you'll need to thoroughly clean the caliper and replace any pads contaminated with mineral oil.