Where do you wash your bike in Stockholm

antonios

Medlem
Hi all,

Excuse me for my English post but I do not speak Swedish (yet). I was wondering where do you wash your bike in Stockholm if you leave in an apartment and you do not have a communal water hose in the backyard?

I tried with buckets of water but I leave on the sixth floor and the final result was not that good. Last time I tried the self-washing service of OKQ8, it's mainly for cars or motorcycles but it did the job. The problem is that it's 160kr and as it's autumn the following week my bike was full of mud again.

I leave in Solna, so if you have any suggestions nearby I would be grateful.

Thanks a lot and ride safe;)

Valhalla_

Aktiv medlem
Just use the buckets at the air/water cabinet on a gas station? Just to get the worst bits off, then you can take the rest in the shower. Edit: Of course not with sponges and brushes because then you might contaminate the bucket. Just pour the water on your bike, fill the bucket and repeat. Gets most of the crap off the bike.

Or, you could just buy a house and wash it in your driveway 😁

Senast ändrad:

Akronym

Aktiv medlem
Just use the buckets at the air/water cabinet on a gas station? Just to get the worst bits off, then you can take the rest in the shower.

Or, you could just buy a house and wash it in your driveway 😁
Please do NOT do this. The buckets are usually for cleaning the windshield and it's really annoying when people get dirt in those buckets (or clean the entire car with the brush for the windshield)

Berk

Aktiv medlem
I was my mountainbikes max once a year. I used to do this in my own shower. Now I do it in the bathroom in the basement of our complex.

Okq8 has some stations where you seem to be able to repair and wash you bike. The closest to Solna is on the south side of Sollentuna. Filter Utbud -> Cykelvårdsplats

mzi

Aktiv medlem
Also, take a look around your house and see if there isn't a tap somewhere. They often open with a "fyrkantsnyckel" (square key). Then you just need a bucket and a sponge.

Valhalla_

Aktiv medlem
Please do NOT do this. The buckets are usually for cleaning the windshield and it's really annoying when people get dirt in those buckets (or clean the entire car with the brush for the windshield)
No, please DO, but for gods sake just pour water from the buckets and do not use anyof the windshield brushes, and do not "double dip" your own brush. It's surprising how much of the mud and crap that goes away by just pouring loads of water on the bike.

De flesta kommunerna tillåter inte tvättmedel i dagvattnet.
Varför skulle man använda tvättmedel? Bara man spolar av med slang och borstar lite så går 99% av skiten bort. Gäller att blöta upp allt ordentligt först bsra.

darkforce

Aktiv medlem
Dude, those who do that kind of abuse to their car really do deserve to have their paint scratched. What sort of nutcase would do that...:ROFLMAO:

stupidly stingy taxi drivers greedy sweds and morrons
for example circle k råcksta at least 5 times a day they have idiots standing and washing the whole car with the windshield sponge they used to yell att those idiots but it mainley ended that the police was called because of the idiots got furious and agressive

antonios

Medlem
Thanks all for the responses. I think I will stick to pure water buckets for more often rinsing and the petrol station every now and then. Although in the long run the Karcher portable cleaning thingie might worth the money.

mzi

Aktiv medlem
Where in Solna are you? In Hagalund there is Solna Cykelkök (bicycle kitchen) located in a house. Maybe you could stop by them when they are open and ask them if you can use their hose even if they are not there?

Singular

Aktiv medlem
A few big (litre) water bottles and a dish-washing brush is not the ultimate solution but brings you quite a bit of rinsing, are fairly portable and cost next to nothing. When living a few flights up I used to carry the bike and my small cleaning kit (in a plastic bag) down, stash the bag somewhere in/around the entrance and ride off. When you get home, everything is ready for a quick wash.

Sure, you can place a bucket too - that that's just a bit finicky to carry up/down stairs (and is in fact less nimble that bottles for cleaning).

KjellF

Aktiv medlem
You can try Glimra/W&D Car wash. They have a station at Armegatan 13. Just be careful with the high pressure, not cleaning all grease out of bearings.

Topp
Happyride sparar data i cookies. Genom att använda våra tjänster godkänner du det. Läs mer