Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)

mlowry

Ny medlem
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
We're going biking again in Hellas tomorrow (Sunday), and we'd be glad to have company. Our plan is to meet at the lift at Hammarbybacken around 11, and to take the wet & slippery trail through the woods from there. So you can recognize me, I ride a gray Specialized Stumpjumper and I'll be wearing an orange and gray jacket and a gray full-face helmet.

If you wanna ring me to say you'll be a few mintues late or something like that, my mobile's noll sju noll sjuhundranittiotre trettifem tjugoåtta.
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
I'd love to join you but I get my new bike on Monday, Next time I'll definitely go with you though! I hope you get some company anyhow.
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
Me an Malin will try to join. We have had severe problems with getting up in the morning though so dont wait if we dont show up!
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
mlowry - just watched the film of the guy crashing on your blog, looked a sore one! Do you think maybe all that skidding at the bottom of the hill angered the trail gods? ;-)
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
Just dont leave
- avalanche transmitters
- shuffles
- Vind sacks
at home. Might be needed (Class 3 weather warning, hurricane etc) :o
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
This class 3 warning that is referred to is for the west coast. For the Stockholm area SMHI issues a class 1 warning:

Klass 1 - Varningar till lands

Mycket hårda vindbyar
>21 m/s. Grenar och enstaka träd knäcks, problem för höga fordon.

Snöfall
I regel när det väntas minst 5 mm på 6 timmar omräknat till smält form. Tidigt eller sent på säsongen kan varning skickas vid mindre mängder. Risk för halka på vägar.
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
förstör nu inte undergångsstämningen Markus, vi har inte haft mycket att glädjas åt denna vinter så låt oss gotta oss i detta så långt det går.
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
Fjärdebrunn skrev:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just dont leave
> - avalanche transmitters
> - shuffles
> - Vind sacks
Wrong. Rafts, lifevests, wetsuits and paddles would be more appropriate.
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
Markus F skrev:
> Rafts, lifevests, wetsuits and paddles

And as always during apocalypses, don't forget to keep that shotgun handy.

 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
One Yank, two and a half Britt’s (myself included) and two Swedes turned up for what was to be an almost epic ride. We spent four and a half hours roaming the trails. There was a little wind now and then and some moist moments. But not enough to lower anyone’s spirits.

Inspiring weather, great riding and good company made up for a really nice day.
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
Very nice ride today. I'd like to thank Matt, Johnny, Aaron, Clive and Mikael for inspiring me to try stuff I would never have tried on my own. I'm positively exhausted.

Do any of you guys remember exactly which trails we took? I want to try to write down their names so I can remember them next time.

I have posted the photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlowry/sets/72157594462613951/

By the way, I geotagged the photos; did I get the locations right? I'm pretty sure about the one near the TV masts, but I wasn't sure about the ones I took at the top of the "Russian Barbeque" trail, so I guessed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlowry/357510013/map/?view=everyones

Can anyone confirm it or point me to the correct place?

/Michael
 
Hellas tomorrow (Sunday 14 January 2007)
The trails:
Fem svåra - unnamed - Gröna spåret - Russian BBQ - Gula spåret - Hellasgården - Ulvsjöslingan - Sörmlandsleden - Unnamed - Sörmlandsleden - Unnamed - Laxtrappan - unnamed - Champs Elyses

The position of the Russian BBQ-photo is well of. The Photo is taken slightly to the right of the last N in Kältorssjön further up to the left on the map. The placement of the other photo is fine, maybe slightly more to the north tough.
 
Tillbaka
Topp