Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday

mlowry

Ny medlem
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
I went for a nice ride in Hellasgården on Sunday. It was a bit muddy in places but otherwise totally manageable. Our group of 4 riders had one big crash (Rodrigo A.), two broken chains (Matt C.), and three flat tires (Rodrigo J. x 2 + Matt C.) in under 5 hours of riding. Luckily I avoided injury, although I did manage to crash once and break off the my front reflector. I guess this was a sign that it needed to go. :)

I've uploaded some photos to flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlowry/archives/date-taken/2007/01/07/detail/

More photos (and videos) will be posted soon.

Update 15:30 EST — Rodrigo J. has posted an excellent video montage of Sunday's ride:
 
Senast redigerad av en moderator:
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
Hi Mchael

We met you on the green/blue trail. Nice rides you all got! We also suffered a lot of flat tires (seemed to be one of those days)

You looked really adrenaline high when we met you :-) I hope none of you injured your self during the crash.

Cheers!

Pat
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
You guys rode past me and Aron while we were taking a breather on the gravel trail near the golf course. Also saw the bike with the red tire pass me at Shell on Standvägen while I was washing off my bike. Seems like you guys had a nice day as well.

We rode Indiander & Vita and then the green trail towards Erstavik and then the blue trail back to Sicklaskiftet. Some really muddy spots (as expected) but rideable all the way and of course quite slippery. Ask Aron, he went for a swim =)

/C
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
Good choice of place afterwards - GMC is my favorite place in Stockholm! Is that Amanda Sedwick playing? Looks like it... Wouldn't it be something with a happyride/happyjazz when it's rideable for normal people again (i.e. spring)!?
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
baby fat skrev:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good choice of place afterwards - GMC is my
> favorite place in Stockholm! Is that Amanda
> Sedwick playing? Looks like it... Wouldn't it be
> something with a happyride/happyjazz when it's
> rideable for normal people again (i.e. spring)!?


It is perfectly rideable for normal people at the moment. It just seems that normal people tend to be a bit lazy and try to find lame excuses this time of the year ;)
It's even as warm as your average autumn day.

/C
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
Jilster wrote:
> We met you on the green/blue trail. Nice rides you all got! We also
> suffered a lot of flat tires (seemed to be one of those days)
> You looked really adrenaline high when we met you :-) I hope none of
> you injured your self during the crash.

Rodrigo A. took a nasty fall on the steep rocky bit on the blue trail (the section shown at the end of this video
). We got the crash on video so I imagine it'll be on YouTube before very long. He bottomed out on his front fork and went over the handlebars, landing on his forehead and smashing his helmet to bits. He was pretty shaken-up and took it easy the rest of the day. He was okay when I talked with him last night. By the way, Rodrigo was the one who told me to check in here at happymtb. He recognized some of you guys on the trail.

Thanks for the compliment on the bikes. I love my Stumpy. This is only my sixth or seventh ride on the bike, so I'm beginning to feel confident on it.

baby fat wrote:
> Good choice of place afterwards - GMC is my favorite place in Stockholm!
> Is that Amanda Sedwick playing? Looks like it...

It was actually the night before, on Saturday. But yeah, it was a fun evening at the Glenn Miller Café. I had never been there before despite having lived in this city for more than six years. I love jazz, so I'm sure I'll be back there often. GMC is right down the street from KGB Bar, which is owned by the brother of a friend of mine. So it's strange that I had never been there before Saturday. I liked the music, but if I have to be honest Amanda is a much better saxophonist than she is a singer. :)

> Wouldn't it be something with a happyride/happyjazz when it's rideable>
> for normal people again (i.e. spring)!?

Sounds like a plan!

Fjärdebrunn wrote:
> Shit, we could all have gathered at Brotorpet. Now there was only 4 of us
> eating waffles in our sweaty underwear :)

If anyone's interested, next Sunday we can plan a larger get-together and eat afterward. I love waffles. Where's Brotorpet? I couln't find one close to Stockholm in hitta.se.

BTW, I do speak (or at least understand) Swedish, so you guys don't have to switch just on my account. Matt on the other hand -- he's from the UK and has only been here for six months, so it'll take him a bit longer to catch up. I'll send him a link to this thread. Matt's the guy with the downhill Specialized bike with the red tire.
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
You should check out Fasching, underbara bar, Mosebacke and Resturang Louis if you lika Jazz. All sorts of various kind of it.

Pat
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
glitch skrev:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It is perfectly rideable for normal people at the
> moment. It just seems that normal people tend to
> be a bit lazy and try to find lame excuses this
> time of the year ;)
> It's even as warm as your average autumn day.
>
> /C

I figured that one was coming. I guess you're right. Maybe I'll even give it a try this weekend -unless I can come up with some lame excuse that is =)
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
Brotorp är en klubbstuga för en av Hellasskogarnas orienteringsklubbar. De öppnar upp sitt torp som cafe på vintern. Stugan ligger på Dammtorpskanalens västra strand precis vid sista bron innan kanalen går ut i Ältasjön.
 
Nice ride in Hellas on Sunday
Me and Dr Spoke were out too but didn't see anyone - surprising considering how many people there seemed to be.

It was wet and slippery but I had fun after being forced to lugg a heavy DH bike with 2.7 tyres around hellas after my heckler blew its shock before we even got started :( Good bit of training trying to pedal that bugger up hills
 
Tillbaka
Topp