Road cycling fellows in Stockholm?

antonios

Medlem
Hi,

First of all excuse me for the english but my swedish are pretty bad :) I'm Antonios, 32 yo, I leave in Solna Stockholm and I was wondering if there is anybody interested in a medium pace cycling ride? Don't expect smashing your FTP, I'm just a regular cycling guy who's friends don't share the same passion (yet) :) I usually like going for loops in Ekero, Nacka and recently discovered Lidingo, but sometimes I could make use of some company :)

I understand that in covid times it's not the most rational thing to do but is anybody interested? Or are there any fora or Facebook groups for non-pro riders organizing rides in Stockholm area?

andersson.n

Aktiv medlem
Hello! :)

Group ride starting in Sickla early in the morning (info in Swedish though):

r72

Aktiv medlem
Hello! :)

Group ride starting in Sickla early in the morning (info in Swedish though):

Medium pace cycling ride?! If you are Peter Sagan maybe…

GoranS

Aktiv medlem
The cycling clubs arrange group rides several days per week.
Or just create an event here on happyride.
One example is Fredrikshof. They have rides starting at Brostugan, just after you passed the bridge from Bromma out towards Ekerö. They are the largest club in Stockholm. I have no idea what their attitude is towards non-members participating given the covid situation.

MrSthlm

Aktiv medlem
@antonios

Yes, I tried Fredrikshof beginners ride at Brostugan (Ekerö), I am guessing the next intro-ride will be at Monday 18:00? They do have organized rides at other places as well though.

You will be able to find info here, they should accept you as a member on this page quickly:

The menu "Träningsområden" will you give you more info:

The short story: I was impressed/suprised, three very experienced veteran leaders together with four cyclists with limited experience from riding in a group (good cyclists though, not really beginners) and everything for free. Leaders like this are helping the biking community to grow in Stockholm, that's for sure.

It was a great eduction and I enjoyed the group tempo part. :cool: The ride is super relaxed apart from the tempo part (speed will fully depend on the "weakest" rider, you ride as a group). The mainleader, "Bosse Diesel" is a really nice/friendly man, not sure if he is a bit of a legend in the Stockholm biking community? ;-) Leaders will probably vary though, not the same every time.

It takes a while getting used to riding in a group, that's for sure. Some ways or rules of riding may differ slightly between different groups I think (which make it even more "interesting").

I have tried two different groups now (the intro-one for Fredrikshof and another "real" faster group ride not for Fredrikshof).

I am only slightly critical about one thing (for both rides), my strictly personal view:
I don't really get why riding in pairs next to eachother on small tight roads made for cyclists/pedestrians (cykelvägar), other than this I like it all, groupriding is fun.

I haven't tried "a real group" on Ekerö for Fredrikshof yet, the groups seem to be rather big/large which could be a challenge, not sure (Ekerö is popular). Even tough I should be able to run with the fast group I think I will start with the medium one (one step at the time, security first).

It's a very big difference riding in a group comparing to pushing yourself on a single ride, when you ride in a group you have to think about the group otherwise you will quickly become very impopular. ;-) Cyclists enjoying pushing themself will probaly find this a bit hmmm "challenging"/relaxed. Solution: You will simple have to pick the right group for you.

One intro-ride will hmmm "probably" be enough depending on your level but if you are insecure, ask them, it's on your own responsibility too. If you already are an experienced group-rider then I assume it's ok joining on the of the real groups immediately (ask them).

Senast ändrad:
Topp
Happyride sparar data i cookies. Genom att använda våra tjänster godkänner du det. Läs mer