Den officiella tråden om Yeti

Wingqvist

Aktiv medlem
Härmed öppnas en Yeti-tråd. Här kan vi diskutera Yeti-cyklar och andra relevanta prylar. @Frenchy som finns här på Happy och är distributör för Yeti kommer att följa tråden och svara på frågor som dyker upp.

Happyride har idag även fått lite uppdaterade forumregler som ska hjälpa till och anpassa innehållet för bland annat varumärkestrådar. Som vanligt finns reglerna här:

Andra officiella trådar:
Canyon: https://happyride.se/forum/threads/den-officiella-canyon-traden.1345402/page-172
Crescent: https://happyride.se/forum/threads/den-officiella-crescent-traden.1166636/

Om du jobbar för ett företag som inte har en officiell tråd här på Happy så kontakta @Martin_Akesson, det är kostnadsfritt och vi har inga krav på att ni ska vara eller bli annonsör.

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Thanks for the intro
Wingqvist
If you have any question that you feel the answer may be of general interest, please post it here and I will answer in the best of my abilities in as short of a time as possible.
If, however, you have a question that is only concerning you, feel free to PM me about it.

sgtprobe

Medlem
Hello mr Frenchy,

I would need a new part for my bike, I managed to mess up the small screw for the upper mount of the dpx2 shock.
I used a known good torque-wrench while following instructions, the material seems to be made out of very soft cheese.

See the encircled part in the image. Do you sell them as a single piece, or do I have to buy one of those expensive part kits?
titanskruv_dpx2_Yeti.jpg

Cheers! :)

/Jonas

Senast ändrad:

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Hi Jonas,

Knowing what bike you own would be a great start to answer you question 😁
I also expect that this is a commonly found bolt that can be purchased in good professional hardware stores like Flink Iron

theBrand

Aktiv medlem
Ibis usually use ti-bolts for linkage and rear shock. Doesn't yeti do that as well?

If they do it's probably a good idea to avoid a steel bolt mated to the titanium receiver.

sgtprobe

Medlem
Hi Jonas,

Knowing what bike you own would be a great start to answer you question 😁
I also expect that this is a commonly found bolt that can be purchased in good professional hardware stores like Flink Iron
Oh, ofcourse. Sorry! Yeah, it's a yeti sb130, and I think it is made out of Titanium.

Part # 300030151 Bolt, TI MALE, M6 x 12.0 mm

Senast ändrad:

silver307

Medlem
Om skruvarna du beställt inte passar kan du höra av dig till mig. Jag har originalskruvar hemma.

Bilagor

• C1BCB58A-F8D2-4DA0-AA2E-3291B5FFCC58.jpeg
    C1BCB58A-F8D2-4DA0-AA2E-3291B5FFCC58.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Besök: 163
  • 2AF6C471-2908-4412-A23D-18C4F8314977.jpeg
    2AF6C471-2908-4412-A23D-18C4F8314977.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Besök: 160

mafakka

Medlem
Hi there, im on the fence on buying an SB100, i think its the right bike for me... Or would sb130/sb130LR be better (as a one quiver)?

I live in Åre & Stockholm so quite the mix with conditions, have a Santa Cruz Hightower 27,5+ that I intend to keep for the park and some eduroish trails. The main use for the Yeti will be XC trails like Björnen & Fiskartorpet, some chunk like Hellasgården but want a bike that climbs effortlessly in Åre. The goal with my time on the bike is to have fun and not ride in spandex, chasing KOMs... ;)

Rider: 193cm/93kg and ride XL today, avg skills.

Have GX today and like that drivetrain so what build has the most bang for the bucks?

Appreciate your time!

//Richard

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Hi there, im on the fence on buying an SB100, i think its the right bike for me... Or would sb130/sb130LR be better (as a one quiver)?

I live in Åre & Stockholm so quite the mix with conditions, have a Santa Cruz Hightower 27,5+ that I intend to keep for the park and some eduroish trails. The main use for the Yeti will be XC trails like Björnen & Fiskartorpet, some chunk like Hellasgården but want a bike that climbs effortlessly in Åre. The goal with my time on the bike is to have fun and not ride in spandex, chasing KOMs... ;)

Have GX today and like that drivetrain so what build has the most bang for the bucks?

Appreciate your time!

//Richard
Hi Richard

I sent you a PM

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem

Appreciate your time!

//Richard

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Some 80 high end mountain bikes (mostly Yeti and Ibis) have been stolen from one of the shops of the Spanish Distributor for the brands.
Frame numbers are kept confidential so that to help trace the bikes back to the thieves but have been flagged by the brands warranty department in case claims are attempted on them sometimes in the future (claims will be denied and reported to the country's police force for recovery of the stolen properties)

So if anyone were to notice brand new 2020 bikes coming to the market via usual sources on the Scandinavian market or internationally on site like ebay etc..., would you be kind enough to PM me with the link and I will forward it to the Spanish authorities for them to investigate follow up on.

Thanks in advance for your vigilance.

wasp

Aktiv medlem
1614982429378.png

Jag tar och väcker liv i tråden igen med en bild på SB165:an när vi är å myser i skogen. Fungerar helt ok att motionscykla med på stigarna, även om den är något överdämpad och möjligtvis lite för aggresiva däck tillsammans med cushcore och doubledown på däcken. Riktigt trögrullad är aset :D Blir nog att införskaffa ett par kolfiberfälgar/hjulset till han istället för att köpa en cykel dedikerad för motionscykling.

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa bilaga 473497
I take and bring the thread to life again with a picture of the SB165 when we are cuddling in the woods. Works perfectly ok to exercise bike on the trails, even if it is slightly subdued and possibly a bit too aggressive tires along with cushcore and doubledown on the tires. Really sluggishly rolled is the ace: D Will be enough to procure a pair of carbon fiber rims / wheel sets for him instead of buying a bike dedicated to exercise cycling.
You sir have stronger legs than I do...
Then again my SB165 has 180mm 29er fork on it so the head angle makes it a little cumbersome anywhere but an uplifted bike park
DSC00005_edited_edited.jpg
, and the lack of dropper post and 9 gear DH cassette do not help...at least with my legs powering it ;)

wasp

Aktiv medlem
You sir have stronger legs than I do...
Then again my SB165 has 180mm 29er fork on it so the head angle makes it a little cumbersome anywhere but an uplifted bike parkVisa bilaga 473717, and the lack of dropper post and 9 gear DH cassette do not help...at least with my legs powering it ;)
Haha jesus, thats a really downhill-bred bike! :D I like my 52 tooth first gear way too much to even consider it.
I can imagine the headtube-angle becomes a bit much when raising the front that much. Im fine with it as is but it can be tricky when pedaling up some cumbersome tracks. I would not want even a fraction of a degree slacker headangle :P

Anyway, im problably going to pull the trigger on some carbon-rims with some easy rolling tires so i can swap over when biking at home. I managed to convince the wife thanks to it being a hell of a lot cheaper over getting another yeti,

sgtprobe

Medlem
Visa bilaga 473957Min nybyggda SB130. Helt klart den härligaste hojen jag haft! 😍🤩😍
Håller nog med faktiskt! Nu har jag haft min ett tag (2020 modellen, sent hösten 2019), och utfallet är nog ändå att den trots allt kan vara den bästa jag haft, allt inräknat. Också den dyraste, haha (ouch!), men borträknat den "lilla" detaljen så är jag supernöjd. Inga mekaniska problem heller trots sin ganska komplexa design. *knocking on wood*

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Haha jesus, thats a really downhill-bred bike! :D I like my 52 tooth first gear way too much to even consider it.
I can imagine the headtube-angle becomes a bit much when raising the front that much. Im fine with it as is but it can be tricky when pedaling up some cumbersome tracks. I would not want even a fraction of a degree slacker headangle :P

Anyway, im problably going to pull the trigger on some carbon-rims with some easy rolling tires so i can swap over when biking at home. I managed to convince the wife thanks to it being a hell of a lot cheaper over getting another yeti,
N+1.... always
But a 2nd wheelset also a great way to circumvent the veto powers of the better half...

MtbIte

Aktiv medlem
Undra om @Frenchy kan beställa hem denna yeti ? :D

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Undra om @Frenchy kan beställa hem denna yeti ? :D

Not a chance in hell 😁

Topp
Happyride sparar data i cookies. Genom att använda våra tjänster godkänner du det. Läs mer