Visa din ibis

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Some 80 high end mountain bikes (mostly Yeti and Ibis) have been stolen from one of the shops of the Spanish Distributor for the brands.
Frame numbers are kept confidential so that to help trace the bikes back to the thieves but have been flagged by the brands warranty department in case claims are attempted on them sometimes in the future (claims will be denied and reported to the country's police force for recovery of the stolen properties)

So if anyone were to notice brand new 2020 bikes coming to the market via usual sources on the Scandinavian market or internationally on site like ebay etc..., would you be kind enough to PM me with the link and I will forward it to the Spanish authorities for them to investigate follow up on.

Thanks in advance for your vigilance.

Crossmax

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Bump.
56683EFC-0836-4121-B8A5-C90E7A30111D.jpeg

Berk

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Och en blå Ripley V4. Fel framdäck dock, detta suger apröv jämfört med Maxxis DHR II som jag brukar köra (ja, även fram)

Håller inte med, jag är jättenöjd med min Butcher Grid Trail fram. Men har inte gjord en vetenskaplig jämförelse. Nästa gång måste jag tar med framhjulet av min andra stigcykel för att jämföra med DHR II på samma stig.

Nypåmtb

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Now that is bright and a nicely spread beam with focus where needed, What lights are those and what is the battery life like on high?

Thanks, yes I really like the spread. The quality of the light overal seems really good and remote works perfecly (unlike my and my firiends magicshines).
Seems I have about 1,5-2h on high, but even mid high is really often enough.
Link to the light;

larsaw

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Synd att det ser ut som toppröret är frihandsritat. Och att dämparen sitter sådär flytande mitt i framtriangeln...
Instämmer, har egentligen IBIS Ripmo och Ripley som heta kandidater om jag någon gång vill testa plastcykel MEN det där frihandsritade toppröret sabbar upp hela utseendet. Dock är jag inte så kräsen så det går kanske att komma över det hindret. Men först måste jag vilja släppa min fetisch för Steel is Real... ;)

Nypåmtb

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Mm kolfiber Ripleyn är snyggare även om skillnaden inte är enorm. I USA är Deore -versionen otroligt prisvärd för 2999 dollar, ungefär samma pris som en lös kolfiberram.

Verkar vara en grym cykel:

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
When are you expecting to have Deore to sell? Or just frames?
To start with we only get 3 NGX (2 large and 1XL)
We have a few Deore coming early summer (hopefully before midsummer) that we pre-ordered in September 2020!!!
But those have not been confirmed as yet so I can't make promises on actual delivery dates.

And anything above what has been pre-ordered is not likely to show up on Swedish shores until late July

Frame set are not available for sale until mid-July and in all honesty I do not believe that any would be available physically in EU until late 2021 at the earliest.
Hope that help clarifying the situation. If you have an more specific questions, feel free to contact me directly and ask.

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
To start with we only get 3 NGX (2 large and 1XL)
We have a few Deore coming early summer (hopefully before midsummer) that we pre-ordered in September 2020!!!
But those have not been confirmed as yet so I can't make promises on actual delivery dates.

And anything above what has been pre-ordered is not likely to show up on Swedish shores until late July

Frame set are not available for sale until mid-July and in all honesty I do not believe that any would be available physically in EU until late 2021 at the earliest.
Hope that help clarifying the situation. If you have an more specific questions, feel free to contact me directly and ask.
Only one ngx XL left that will arrive on Feb 4th.
The remaining of preordeed Ripley AF are now sold. No Deore build for now says ibis due to Shimano inability to supply to what they committed to in reasonable timing.
I think that anyone having back order bikes with Shimano build on them (regardless of the bike brand) are more likely than not to encounter delivery delays. Yeti refused to take orders for their C1 and T1 build kit all together for the same reason and I heard same thing from other manufacturers I work with.

jekyll

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Ontrack har poppat till sin hemsida. Tidigare var den inte mycket att hänga i granen...
Förrutom Ibis-försäljning så servar de bla DVO.
Jag beställde en ny Ripley genom dem, tyvärr fanns inte storlek M i lager utan de hade bara L och XL hemma. Tror det fanns någon Ripmo också, i alla fall för några veckor sedan.

Just det, en bild oxå.
HD4 i snö - så nära fatbikecykling vi kommer i södern.

HD4_Snow.jpg

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
A less fancy alloy version of the mighty Ripley but almost more capable and a lot more bang for buck...

Bilagor

• IMG_20210119_201148_980.jpg
    IMG_20210119_201148_980.jpg
    259.9 KB · Besök: 99

paxel

Medlem
Visa din ibis
Ripley AF NGX. Från första turen i hemmaskogarna. Tummen upp än så länge 😊
Kan infoga att det inte är samma cyklen som i Frenchys inlägg ovan.

edit: Tog fram bagagevågen och med minion DHF + DHR, rinklocka, mudhugger och flaskställ så landar en Large NGX på 14,9 kg.

ripleyn.jpg

Senast ändrad:

Nypåmtb

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Had a little fun testing the Ripley C V4 and Ripley AF back to back
The carbon wins for typical Stockholm are trails but not by much and the main difference actually came from the wheelset on my carbon rig more than anything else.

Visa bilaga 494823
Nice! Did you also swop the wheel sets so that you could isolate the effect of the wheels vs the frame? Comparing a carbon v4 with stock wheels vs an af with carbon wheels for trail riding would be super interesting👍.

jekyll

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Ibis Ripley v4 levererad i maj. Ontrack joxade och trixade för att få den något sånär kittad som jag ville, det är tydligen problem med komponenter just nu…
Följden blev en obefintlig färgmatchning.
Svart/grå ram med Ripley i orange text, framgaffel i blått och DVO-grön bakdämpare.

IMG_1925.JPG

DVO-färgen fick bli bas, nya klibbor beställdes från NL-designs. Handtag och sadel byttes ut.
Här är resultatet.

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

ericohlstrom

Ny medlem
Visa din ibis
Snygg! Kul att du fått cykeln.
Jag beställde en ripmo v2 ram i November men fick för några veckor sedan reda på att den kommer först i oktober. Första tiden som jag fick var augusti. Har alla komponenter hemma då jag tänkte bygga den själv. Så det verkar vara problem att skicka bara ram och bakdämpare också 😢

SalkinL

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Snygg! Kul att du fått cykeln.
Jag beställde en ripmo v2 ram i November men fick för några veckor sedan reda på att den kommer först i oktober. Första tiden som jag fick var augusti. Har alla komponenter hemma då jag tänkte bygga den själv. Så det verkar vara problem att skicka bara ram och bakdämpare också 😢
Kolla med OntrackSverige om det inte är där du beställt den då ;)

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Nice! Did you also swop the wheel sets so that you could isolate the effect of the wheels vs the frame? Comparing a carbon v4 with stock wheels vs an af with carbon wheels for trail riding would be super interesting👍.
Not really since I really can't see someone spending 22k on wheel for a 40k bike
And if they do, they need to seriously consider why. Trail and bike park I would say that make sense but Ripley isn't a bike suited for parks so...
I have really ridden them for their intended use.
Trail riding. Being a little more loose on my line choices and timing with the AF.
And as expected, it is a little more forgiving than the v4 while it didn't loose the easy pop that alow to hope from root to rock like a bunny that I love about my v4.
Would I change, no
Would I I'd that was my only bike. Maybe. But then I would keep my SB130LR if I really had to keep only one for everything 😇
The truth is that is am a fussy, spoil prat of a rider who, like most is always the weakest link in the bike/rider equation.
But should you get a Ripley C deore or Ripley AF Deore? Then the choice should certainly be the AF.
Now I'd you are plashing for XT or X91 build kit and carbon hops (with i9 hubs or you are wasting your money), then yes, carbon make sense...

LDG

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
A frame is a frame and everybody don't have space for more than one bike. I got 3 pairs of wheels that I alternate on one bike.
- Assisted uplift - Bikepark
- Pedaling - Enduro/chunky fast trail
- Pedaling - Trail aka flatter terrain

If funds were high and I would have liked carbon wheels then I might have owned a lighter carbon wheelset for flatter terrain. I'm not rich and I don't think that I would appreciate carbon rims if they give me more ground feedback so I'll keep my alu wheels and bike anyways =)

Nypåmtb

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Not really since I really can't see someone spending 22k on wheel for a 40k bike
And if they do, they need to seriously consider why. Trail and bike park I would say that make sense but Ripley isn't a bike suited for parks so...
I think you misunderstood me. You said in the post above that the "The carbon wins for typical Stockholm are trails but not by much and the main difference actually came from the wheelset on my carbon rig more than anything else".
Since you say the you feel like the difference comes from the carbon wheels I just thought it would be interesting to test the other way around. Light carbon wheels on a alu frame or standard wheels on a carbon frame. What is more fun? And how do they differ? What is the better proposition for fun and poppy trail riding?
In addition you dont have to spend 22k for some nice light carbon wheels, 10 k will get you far! 😀

Senast ändrad:

Makten

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Snart är cykeln två år och jag har inga planer på att byta. 👌

DSCF2402_fb.jpg

Dock är det bara ramen och sänkstolpen som är kvar från original-specen. 😁 Många väl utprovade specialare blir det när man har knepig smak och speciella krav.

Ram: Ibis Ripley V4 XL
Stolpe: Bike Yoke Revive 185 mm
Stolpreglage: Wolf Tooth
Sadel: Specialized Power Expert
Styre: OneUp karbång, 20 mm rise
Styrstam: 77designz 45 mm
Topcap: Hope
Grepp: Wolf Tooth fat paw cam
Styrändpluttar: ODI
Växelreglage: Shimano XT
Bakväxel: Shimano XT 11-delat
Kassett: Shimano XT 11-delat, 11-42
Kedja: Shimano XT
Framdrev: Sram 28T stål (mer anti-squat med litet framdrev!)
Bash/styrare: OneUp
Vevparti: Sram X1 karbång (nå OEM-kör som är samma som X01 fast med annan logga)
Vevlager: Sram DUB, BSA
Pedaler: Crankbrothers Stamp 7 large
Bromsreglage: Shimano XT
Bromsok: Magura MT6
Bromsskivor: Shimano XTR CL, 203/180 mm
Gaffel: Pike 130 mm med Smashpot (coil) och Push HC97 på returenhet från Charger 2.1
Angle set: Works Compontents -1°
Bakdämpare: CCDB Inline (fast just för tillfället en Fox DPS eftersom den andra ska få service)
Flarra/ställ: Fidlock
Pump: Specialized
Ramväska: Ibis Pork Chop
Framnav: Shimano XT
Framfälg: Duke Crazy Star – 29,5 mm IB, alu, 28H
Framdäck: Maxxis DHR II 2,4 WT EXO MaxxTerra
Baknav: Onyx Classic
Bakfälg: Ibis 935 – 29 mm IB, karbång, 32H
Bakdäck: Maxxis Minion SS 2,3 EXO Dual + anaconda (korv)
Ekrar: En salig blandning på alla sidor med mässingsnipplar bak och alunipplar fram
Framstänka: Mudhugger med förlängare

Har säkert glömt nåt... 🤔

Senast ändrad:

Crossmax

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis

Visa bilaga 496033

Dock är det bara ramen och sänkstolpen som är kvar från original-specen. 😁 Många väl utprovade specialare blir det när man har knepig smak och speciella krav.

Vevparti: Sram X1 karbång (nå OEM-kör som är samma som X01 fast med annan logga)
Gaffel: Pike 130 mm med Smashpot (coil) och Push HC97 på returenhet från Charger 2.1
Bakdämpare: CCDB Inline (fast just för tillfället en Fox DPS eftersom den andra ska få service)
Ekrar: En salig blandning på alla sidor med mässingsnipplar bak och alunipplar fram

Väldigt förnuftig spec med grymma komponenter där det gör skillnad (baknav, dropper, gaffel, styre) blandat med pålitligt skit som XT 11-delat.

Nypåmtb

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis

Visa bilaga 496033

Låter som en vettig spec. Gissar att kolfiber på bakhjul och alu fram kanske är det bästa av två världar?
Upplever du att 28-11 räcket? Jag kör 30-10 och kan ibland (sällan dock) känna att det skulle vara fint med 32 (men då kör jag xt 12-delat som jag för övrigt är grymt nöjd med).

Makten

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
Låter som en vettig spec. Gissar att kolfiber på bakhjul och alu fram kanske är det bästa av två världar?
Upplever du att 28-11 räcket? Jag kör 30-10 och kan ibland (sällan dock) känna att det skulle vara fint med 32 (men då kör jag xt 12-delat som jag för övrigt är grymt nöjd med).
Jag har faktiskt funderat på att vaska även bakfälgen till förmån för aluminium. Visserligen är det trevligt med ett bakhjul som är styvt i sidled, men styvhet i radiell ledd är bara obekvämt. Sen finns det inga alu-fälgar i samma bredd som är lika lätta heller, vad jag vet.

28x11 trampar man ur tämligen lätt på transportsträckor om det lutar lite utför, men jag har verkligen inget behov av att cykla snabbt på platt mark med den här cykeln. I skogen är jag aldrig nånsin i närheten av tyngsta växeln ändå. Egentligen är 30 vettigare sett till utväxlingsspann med 11-42 bak, men jag råkade ha en 28 liggandes och jag märker faktiskt att bakändan inte säckar ihop lika mycket när man trycker på uppför med det mindre drevet. Det beror på att vid en viss utväxling är hävarmen som vill "vika ihop" bakfjädringen mindre. Det blir lite mer stuns liksom, om än marginellt.

Tidigare har jag kört oval 30 och gillade det, efter lite tillvänjning. I början kändes det skitskumt, alldeles degigt liksom. Man tappar lite av den där intuitivt direkta kopplingen mellan pedaler och bakhjul när utväxlingen varierar över varvet.

Frenchy

Aktiv medlem
Visa din ibis
I think you misunderstood me. You said in the post above that the "The carbon wins for typical Stockholm are trails but not by much and the main difference actually came from the wheelset on my carbon rig more than anything else".
Since you say the you feel like the difference comes from the carbon wheels I just thought it would be interesting to test the other way around. Light carbon wheels on a alu frame or standard wheels on a carbon frame. What is more fun? And how do they differ? What is the better proposition for fun and poppy trail riding?
In addition you dont have to spend 22k for some nice light carbon wheels, 10 k will get you far! 😀
The main benefit of my wheels are not the rim (I can't really say that I feel much of a difference in the alloy S35 and the carbon S35 on the Ibis hub)
The main feel difference comes from the crazy fast engagement that come from the I9 hydro hubs. And I am yet to find one of those for SEK10K
'If you know of a retailer with i9 Hydra with 35mm wide carbon rim for that price, please let me know. I am on the market :)

And I did understand the question. My point was that it would be so unlikely to have one of those in the real world that it would be a exercise for the sake of it. Putting the alloy wheels on my bike would make more sense.

I tent to try to compare real world things that are likely to be a choice someone is to pose themselves.
i.e.: if everything else on the bike are the same (NGX kit, same wheels etc...) are the SEK23,7K difference between the v4 and AF money well spent for most people just for a carbon frame and factory suspension.

And my answer to that particular question is a resounding "no".
My recommendation is that unless you really go for it with XO1 level kits and carbon rims on really nice hubs, you are better served buying the AF and spend the rest on coaching lesson ;)

Topp
Happyride sparar data i cookies. Genom att använda våra tjänster godkänner du det. Läs mer